Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pleasures

Do you ever wake up in the morning thinking to yourself, "Oh, brother!"?
Recently, I felt so overwhelmed by "past due" tasks that I sat down and made a comprehensive To Do list. And, right after, I crawled under the blankets and tried to go back to sleep! All the things I had to do seemed like a mountain. And yet, they were ordinary household/ homemaking things. I definitely hated the whole idea of the drudgery ahead of me.
I shared my monumentos To Do list with a sage Madame. Well, she was shocked! "My goodness! You have included nothing on your List about Pleasure? I'll give you good advise. Enjoy a Pleasure first. Then do a Task. Afterwards, reward yourself with another Pleasure (for having accomplished your Task!). Life can be Pleasurable and satisfying, not somber, Protestant work ethics. So, why not make a list--not a To Do List--but a Pleasures List."
My personal Pleasures list follows. I encourage YOU to make your own list, to enjoy & savour life while & between labouring...
Rhoto

P-L-E-A-S-U-R-E-S
- Light some candles
- "Pre-set" the table for after-class tea
- Write on lined paper with a fountain pen
- Crawl into nice, crisp sheets
- Bubble bath by candlelight
- Candles & soft music in the early evening
- Pedicure, manicure, facial, Platine
- "Play" in my Sewing Studio
- Putter the clutter away
- Explore and enjoy Fabricville & Indigo
- Walk in Maisonneuve Park
- "Get lost" in Underground Montreal
- Disco Babies & time with Ruby
- Chocolate cake & coffee at Paulos
- Private Messages on PatternReview
- Concordia University course
- Time with out-of-town friends
- Doing ANYTHING with Tony!

Rhonda

No comments: