Saturday, November 3, 2007

Falderie, Faldera


Blog no. 3...

I found the following Dutch Popular songs in my record collection.

The original Dutch names of the songs were translated by members of the international department of RHOTO'S RAG. These same members will gladly sing one--or all--of these songs via a computer connection. However, that can only be done in Dutch.

I have written this introduction in the English language, as I have found very few people on the North American continent who are able to speak & understand proper Dutch. For them I have translated the text, so that they may pick up a bit of "Hollands". As my Italian hairdresser told me, "If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!!! So, you can put that in your pipe, but don't smoke it. We run a green blog site!!!! So I told him; go tell it on the mountain. BYE BYE
Tony
--------------------------
Ik vond de volgende populaire liedjes in mijn gramofoon platen verzameling. De originele Nederlandse titels werden vertaalde door medewerkers van de internationale afdeling van RHOTO'S RAG. Die medewerkers zingen, op verzoek en met plezier, een of alle liedjes via een computer verbinding, echter dat kan alleen maar in de Nederlandse taal.

Ik heb deze inleiding geschreven in de Engelse taal, omdat ik heel weinig mensen heb gevonden in Noord Amerika, die behoorlijk Nederlands spreken. Voor die mensen vertaalde ik de inleiding, zodat ze een beetje Nerderlands kunnen leren. Zoals een Italiaanse vrouwenkapper eens tegen mij zei: Als het geen Hollands is, dan is het niet veel.
Zo, dat kun je in je pijp stoppen,, maar niet roken hoor, wij hebben een "groene" blog. Dit kun je gaan rond vertellen. Kletsen dus, maar het is geen roddelen. HOUDOE
Toon

THE DUTCH HIT PARADE 1960-1980
-A boy with a mouth organ.
-A little bit of money for a little bit of love.
-A turned up nose and a cherry mouth.
-After 25 years, I will still love you.
-At the North Pole.
-Belief, hope and love.
-Cafe without beer.
-Dirty hypocrite.
-Don’t marry until you are forty.
-Father Abraham had seven sons.
-Father, where did Mother go to?
-Foxie foxtrot.
-Frites with mayonnaise.
-Girls with red hair.
-Her snow-white bosom was barely covered.
-I didn’t see anything.
-I dreamt of you last night, small gin.
-I dreamt of you last night.
-I have a tomcat in my head.
-I have rented a house with a small garden.
-I learned to yodel in Kufstein.
-I never want to get of my small sausage.
-I want to be with you seven weeks under an electric blanket.
-I wish I had stayed at home with my mother.
-I wish I was of wax and you of turpentine.
-If only I had stayed with my mother.
-In Heaven is no beer.
-In our house is written on the kitchen door.
-In the bronze green oak wood.
-In the green valley, in the quiet valley.
-In the name of Orange, open the gate.
-Janus, grab me once again.
-Just give me Amsterdam.
-Just jump on my back.
-Just jump on the back of my bicycle.
-Lenie, from the Takkestreet.
Dear Readers:
RHOTO management encourages you to vote for your Top Hit from the Dutch Hit Parade!!
The 1st prize is a high-fidelity 33-1/3 phono record of same.
The last prize is a phono record player to play these antiques on.
And the consolation prize is a pair of hearing aids.

2 comments:

Rhoto said...

Well, I vote for:
"I want to be with you seven weeks under an electric blanket."
But, just for seven weeks??
Rhonda

Family W said...

this post and comment made me smile. :)