Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dear Niece!!

Donna is 23 yrs. old today!!
Happy Birthday, Donna!!

We asked Donna to share about herself through a questionnaire, and we're happy she did. 'Cos now we know our favourite niece whose name is Donna better!! So, here goes...

-Tell us about your childhood. What it was like being “you” as a little one.
I wasn’t a tomboy, but I never really liked traditionally “girly” things. I didn’t want Barbies; I wanted robots and remote-controlled cars. Basically, I was a big geek. I still am, I just don’t do silly things like make books for my teachers anymore. I know I was a complete daddy’s girl and a bit of a loner. I knew a lot of people, but there weren’t many that I would actually call friend.

-What was your favourite subject in school? Did you enjoy academics? Sports? Extra-curricular activities?
I’ll be honest: I never really liked school. It was boring for the most part, and I felt like I was going through the motions. I was good at academics, but I never got any kind of joy from it.

I belonged to a civil service club and the Honor Society, and when I was in ROTC, I was a member of the drill team. I hate sports so the drill team was my way of being athletic.

-When was the first time you fell in love? Share your feelings about that experience.
The first time I fell in love… I think I was 16. The guy was (and still is) my best male friend. I was too scared to say anything, and it took him making the first move for me to even say anything about how I felt. Nothing really came from it, though, as it wasn’t the best time for either of us. We still care about each other, and hopefully, when our lives settle down, we can pursue a relationship.

-What post high school studies have you completed? How did this experience affect your life?
I have my Bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies. The friends I made during college mean more to me than that piece of paper, though. I already said that school was boring for me; the people I met helped me become more comfortable with just being myself, and that meant the world to me because I spent a lot of middle and high school hiding aspects of myself.

-Who is your hero?
This will sound really silly, but right now, my hero is Simon from the Japanese anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. He made me want to believe in the human spirit again, and I admired how much he grew to believe in himself and the way he inspired those around him.

-What are you most proud of?
Gaining the respect of Robert Forbus, my Public Relations and Journalism professor. He has a very abrasive personality and extremely high standards, and most students couldn’t stand him.
That he praised my work and did all that he could to help me get an internship meant a lot to me.

-If you had the chance, is there anything you’d like to do over again.
No. It’s best not to dwell on the past, I think.

-What is the greatest lesson you have learned so far? In a sense of a “Life Motto”.
Nankurunaisa – everything will work out in the end. Or at least, that’s what I’m trying to learn. I worry too much and let things build up inside of me instead of just taking them in stride.

-What is your highest dream?
To lead a comfortable life for myself and my family.

-In what environment are you the most happy/the most “yourself”?
My room. There, I’m surrounded by the things that best show who I am, and I’ve just made it a very comfortable place for myself. Mom thinks it’s too dark and calls it my cave, but I like it that way.

-What would you like your legacy to be? How would you like to be remembered?
I honestly don’t know! That seems like such a far off thing to think about. I guess I’d like to be remembered as someone who tried hard.

-Is there something that most people don’t know about you? That you would like to share with us?
Most people wouldn’t know that I’m a big fan of America’s Next Top Model and shows of its ilk. I’m more interested in the photography and posing aspects than the actual fashion, but I still love those kinds of shows.


RHOTO (aka Aunt Rhonda & Uncle Tony)

1 comment:

~katie~ said...

Belated birthday greetings to your dear niece! :-)