Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"...You Put Your Left Leg Out!!" *

Well, it’s foot ulcer time again… (Last time was two years ago. Same leg, but other side of the ankle.) The current treatment involves wearing a very tight, medical support stocking every day. After several difficult and trying attempts, I, TOny, found a wizard gadget (see blue bag in photo) that miraculously helps glide this tight stocking onto my leg.
Feeling very proud and sure of myself, I got up this morning before RHOnda. I wanted to “do it myself”, little-boy proud, eh!!
SO, 1-2-3 easy!! It was on!! RHOnda walked into the room. There I stood, beaming!! “I did it!!” Then I looked down…
I put the stocking on the wrong leg!!”
Oh, how we laughed!! And continue to laugh!!
“You put your right leg in. You put your right leg in!!”… ‘Gotta remember to get it “right”!!

TOny

* Thanks to our friend Paul for the cute song idea!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The moral of the story is........ one should not always put his best foot forward!

Kat said...

Oh no! That is quite similar, however, to sewing a front hem to a back side seam LOL. The silly things we all do!