“Can we go ‘nose-to-nose’?” That’s usually RHOnda talking, but it’s available for both. If one of us is anxious, nervous, unhappy, annoyed or wants to say “Sorry”, RHOTO goes “nose-to-nose”. Here’s how…We lie down in our bedroom and first rub noses. Then, when the “caller of the meeting” is ready, he/she talks & the other listens—with heart and ears. Then it’s time for the “other party” to respond. With hugs, help, encouragement, advice. We get up when we both feel understood and, therefore, happy.
That’s what we do “chez RHOTO” and we’ve never had more than a one-minute spat in five (5) years. ‘Comes highly recommended!
Unanimously adopted by RHOTO
2 comments:
Sounds like that works well for you! I should tell the participants in the marriage prep courses that we facilitate about that!
My plans for Montreal- Tuesday, Aug 26th at the Saint Laurent exhibit. I really really hope that works for you! I am planning on leaving Ottawa at about 8:30 or 9, so at the Exhibit about 11am? Can you meet me there - please, please! Unless it is on my way(relatively) to pick you up? Email me at connie.bontje (at) agricrop.com if you have a few minutes!
My daughter is begging to come along - she will be in Ottawa for school already anyways so we will have her for company. I am also trying to talk Lorna (PR friend) into coming as well but I think she has to work.
Thank you so much for your warm comment, Rhonda!! :-) I hope you are doing well! I love this post ~ such practical and insightful advice! Thanks!
Blessings from the USA,
Katie
Post a Comment