Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Autumn in Quebec--Breathtaking!!


Autumn in Quebec is world famous... The breathtaking colours, the crispness in the air, the crunch-crunch of leaves underfoot, the smell of "les feuilles mortes*". The taste of hot apple cider and plain donuts, a tradition that brings us back to our ancestors' days. Picking "perfect" leaves (usually red Canadian maples!) to press between book pages; delightful to discover months later.
The enjoyment of the season--itself--and the messages it brings of...
-"This spectacle points us to a God who not only creates beauty in nature, but also in us."
-"Prepare for Winter. It's coming..." Yippy!


* "The falling leaves drift by the window. The falling leaves of red and gold".
--Les feuilles mortes/Autumn Leaves
not our home
RHOnda

4 comments:

~katie~ said...

Gorgeous!!! :-) The deciduous trees of the upper Midwest United States look very similar. I love the autumn colors. And who can deny their is a Creator who designed all of these beautiful scenes?? All praise to God!
Thanks for sharing Rhonda, and thank you for your sweet comment. I know I would smile if I hear you and Tony singing tunes!

Kat said...

Absolutely beautiful! Here in Pennsylvania, I think the Poconos has the rest of the state beat in beautiful Autumn leaves.

Anonymous said...

So pretty! When I was a kid we went to Kazabazua, (that's probably spelled wrong!) Quebec and stayed in a hunting/fishing cabin on small lake. We shopped at local antique stores and I still have a little bottle that my brother and I fought over. We loved Quebec!

Tiner W

Family W said...

I sooooo envy you with all of your autumn colors! :) Here in the southern U.S it takes a while for Autumn to roll around and then when it does come if feels as if its here but a day.

God Bless,
Lynn