OUTSIDE MY WINDOW… I hear children shouting, running and laughing. This French Primary School is right across the street--and one house down--from us.I AM THINKING... that this little Daybook has had a great influence on me this week. I have been more conscious of my goals.
I AM THANKFUL FOR... a new start, a new direction, a new path. For listening to my “gut” or “that Still, Small Voice” inside me that said, “No. That’s not for you, RHOnda. THIS is the way I WILL to go.”
FROM THE KITCHEN... Pretty table settings & candles are firmly re-established. Supper is light—a nice store-bought soup, pita bread, date filling over plain yogurt.
I AM WEARING... my beautiful jewelry with another swirly skirt & feminine blouse.
I AM CREATING... peace and calm inside, where anxiety and fear was choking me.
I AM GOING... to Grace Dart Extended Care Centre. I will participate in the Resident’s “Disco Babies” exercise class.
I AM READING... Many books at a time… There are our Concordia readings, as usual. VERY interesting!! I'm also re-reading "The Key to an Open Heart" by Karen Burton Mains; it has an attached Bible Study on Forgiveness. And I’ve picked up our Hymnal again and am enjoying not only the tunes, but also the words.
I haven’t read “The Planets” to the gang all week. Minky keeps saying, “No book… Poor Minky…" We’ll get back to it, eh!!
I AM HOPING… to s-t-r-e-t-c-h myself. I yearn to be a better RHOnda. ‘Cos it feels good to grow!! (From inside, that is… Not rounder, outside!! Tee! Hee!!)
I AM HEARING... (in my mind) some of my PatternReview.com sewing friends perhaps saying that “RHOTO’S RAG” doesn’t talk much about sewing these days”. I sure don’t want to “lose friends”, but I’m also happy to be sharing multi-sides of RHOnda. The sewing will come back, just like “The Planets” will!!
AROUND THE HOUSE... I tidied up my Sewing Studio!! It wasn’t such a big project, after all!! Now, I have a big basket full of ironing and another basket of mending… L And THEN, I’ll start working on our Christmas Elves project.
ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS... I’ve mentioned them several times before, but… my jewelry, especially my engagement ring. (I really should post a picture…)
A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK… I start out with Wheelchair Aerobics (just TRY to keep up with us—it’s an unbelievable workout!!).
Then, there’s two (2) University sessions. Now we’re talking about the Fur Trade stories in Canadian History. These involve the Quebecois, English settlers & the Amerindians.
I also have my weekly therapy session with the most gifted Psychologist ever!! It’s kinda funny… I speak English/she answers in French. We totally understand each other. But, that way, we are both better able to accurately express ourselves in our mother tongues.
As for the rest of the week, we’re free again!! We’ll see what it brings…
HERE IS A “PICTURE THOUGHT” I AM SHARING…

Happy Monday, Everyone!!
RHOnda
Our Hostess for the above meme is “The Simple Woman’s Daybook”. Please visit her at the address below:
http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/
RHOnda
Our Hostess for the above meme is “The Simple Woman’s Daybook”. Please visit her at the address below:
http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/
2 comments:
The sewing will come back - meanwhile, it's fun to get to know more sides of our friends. :)
The Uni lectures sound interesting - is it a history paper? I'm busy knocking back 'the transmission of privilege in society'. The semester will finish soon - yayy! I need a break! I finish my degree next year. Technically I could graduate mid-year, but I'm adding another semester. Then there's my Post-grad Diploma (1 year), then the Masters (another year) and then hopefully my PhD. Looks like my joke about being at uni with my son might come true! LOL.
That is so interestng about the French/English conversations with the psychologist. Conversing in native language to convey the message, yet listening to the response in a different language.
Believe, that could be a BIG help for American workers who have to deal with outsourced employees. There is a lot lost (meaning wise) with workers for which English is not their native language. CEOs never seem to think about this and how it affects the bottom line. You may be on to something, Rhonda :) !
Post a Comment