Monday, November 24, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW… I DON’T see snow!! Many parts of Canada have had a big, first dose all ready.

I AM THINKING... that it’s wonderful to be going outside again… I have been in nightgowns for over a week. I have been reminded again that physical discomfort often goes along with mental and spiritual discomfort. My body "gets sick" and let's me "know something's going on", eh...

I AM THANKFUL THAT... TOny was so supportive when I was in bed for soooo many days in a row. He even brought home red, long-stem roses for his patient!!

FROM THE KITCHEN... I see our wonderful housekeeper, Myriam, shining everything up. When TOny first met Myriam, he said (in French), "Welcome!! You're an immigrant from Columbia?" "Yes, Sir." "Double Welcome!! I'm an immigrant too!! From Holland."

I AM WEARING... the same outfit I'm wearing on my PatternReview.com avator. And my beautiful jewelry and wee, red boots.

I AM CREATING... ideas in my head of what I can DO, now that I feel 85% better!!

I AM GOING... to go to Disco Babies at Grace Dart and then eat lunch with TOny at Paulas.

I AM READING... The new “National Geographic”. There is an article on women and healthcare in India that has touched my heart. We complain of not having doctors here in Quebec (which is true); in India, they don't bother to complain…

I AM HOPING… to start working on Christmas Elves scarves THIS week. I can start by cutting the fleece into scarf-sized pieces, eh. That's just "prep" work. I need to contact my sweet elf helper, Elsa, and see when her final exams are finished, so she can join in on the project.

I AM HEARING... The pure joy of silence (except for the tapping of my keys).

AROUND THE HOUSE... There remain THE six (6) shirts to iron!! Plus six (6), new ones... I think they "make babies", eh ;)

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS... I found a photo of my engagement ring. Mind you, my gems sparkle so nicely!! WHY Birks made this photo flat, I don’t know. Anyway, the ruby symbolizes "love" and "passion"; there is a diamond each for TOny & RHOnda. I have a plain wedding band that I wear “underneath”… See below.

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK… I could SHOCK TOny and make supper some evening... 'Twas thinking of a Moroccan dish of stew meat, prunes (!!) and sesame seeds. Served over couscous.
Grace Dart’s Christmas Party is Friday evening. RHOTO had such a good time dancing at the 100th Anniversary Party last year that we thought we’d “give this a try” together.
'Cos I have pretty co-ordinates, there's NO worries about “what shall I wear”. I have a pretty black sweater with “diamonds” around the bottom of the (not low) “V” neck, a black, swirly skirt, black sheer hose and cute, dressy Mary Jane’s. I’m set!!

Then there’s therapy, Choir Practice and our last class in “Canada before Confederation” at Concordia. (We missed two classes last week...)

HERE IS A “PICTURE THOUGHT” I AM SHARING



Happy Monday, Everyone!!

RHOnda

Our Hostess for the above meme is “The Simple Woman’s Daybook”. Please visit her at the address below:

http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Keely said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Tony sounds a gem. Speaking of which - what a pretty ring!