The Community Nurse OK’d my (RHOnda) going out for groceries, eh. So, this afternoon I went to our Neighbourhood Shopping Centre. And walked around. And everyone we know stopped to ask where TOny was…Well, I started to cry… cry… cry. I called TOny at home and that “helped” a bit. He suggested I go to Paulos Restaurant and have a big piece of their luscious chocolate cake. All the staff knows TOny there, eh… The waitress asked, “Are you a-l-o-o-n-e?” I started to cry again. It’s the first time I’ve “taken the time” to cry about TOny being sick, about us not being together at Paulos, as usual.
I “ate my chocolate emotions” all up… Did I feel better? Not really, eh.
It was nice to finish up my errands and to tiptop back into our bedroom to see my TOny—fast asleep and recuperating…
RHOnda
5 comments:
Come here and let me give you a big hug. Cry all you want, but please leave the cake alone! OK, that's all I'm going to say about that. I'm glad Tony is recuperating. You needed the cry, it helps you heal.
Thank you, Sherril.
Warmest of hugs,
Rhonda
Sweety, I am so sorry to read that Tony is not feeling well. All my thoughts are with both of you.
As for my silence, winter is hitting hard on me. I have been tired these past weeks. So when it comes to writting on my blog or on PR, I don't have the energy. I sewn a great deal during Christmas... for others and for my self. I need to review that now. I worked on a skirt that did not bring the satisfaction it was supposed to... but in the end I succeeded.
All of that bla bla done. I am sending you a big hug and full of health and energy for Tony.
Anne
Aww I wish we could have been there to eat cake with you! I did the same thing when mymike had his bad accident a couple of years ago. I was all strong and unemotional until I got to church and people were asking how he was- then I fell apart. I guess you (and I) hadn't had time to think about how scary it was and how it could have turned out.
Hugs to both of you!
You CAN have your cake and eat it too. The cake was good, then go home and snuggle with your Tony. Remember the positive outcome, and he's home. We're strong to a point but sometimes have to let it all out. It's really great that Tony is on the mend.
Post a Comment