Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"Rebecca" par Daphne du Maurier


"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again."
Do many of you, our dear readers, recognize this famous first line?
“Rebecca” is a book that I have adored reading several times throughout the decades. Not only for the wonderful, fascinating story, but also for the extraordinary wording and phrases.
Sooo, when TOny was first hospitalized, I picked up this favourite book—in French. It’s a superb translation!! Such a treat that I only take a wee mouthful at a time—want the pleasure to last and last…
Our TOny/Toon is soundly napping, so I think I’ll indulge myself a bit…

RHOnda
January 19th addition: Do you ever s-l-o-w-l-y read a really good book 'cos you don't want to finish it? And, then, towards the end, you can't put it down?? Well, I've only one (1) chapter left... My eyes are blurry, but, "what a read" "Quel livre!!"
RHOnda

No comments: