That's what TOny's surgeon exclaimed today at his one-month check-up appointment. "You were very sick when I saw you January 1st. You had a BIG, emergency operation. And, you're 80-years old. You look GREAT!!"
TOny's response: "It's the first time I've FELT 80-years old!"
[The Doctor is a warm and efficient professional (who looks young enough to be RHOnda's daughter!). She confided in us, "I love my work".]
She also said that it should take three (3) months to recuperate. In the meantime, there is progress--in small steps--almost every day!!
As for TOny, he says he happens to LIKE convalescing (!). He's got the "best of two worlds" now--getting better AND enjoying lots of leisure time--especially when his "Nurse" RHOnda is around him.
So, RHOTO says, "Thank You, Lord, for all your blessings!!" And thank you for YOUR prayers that have helped us in that respect.
RHOTO
PS TOny sends his warm greetings to all of you--this he is capable of doing!!
1 comment:
I'm so glad the doc says things are good.!
80 "sounds" old, doesn't it? Until I look at my MIL and realize she's 87. That woman gets around just fine, hops the bus to NYC to help her friend with accounting work, and is well known around town for her volunteer work helping Senior citizens with taxes and stuff.
My former co-worker is 82 and she just invited me out to lunch with the ladies we used to work with (we were both teachers at the same high school). She's getting around (a bit less mobile than she used to be though) and is sharp as a tack.
Then my great aunt called me up two weeks ago to chat--she's 87. She's still getting around, working out at the gym. And she's says, "I have to get up frequently at night to go to the bathroom, but then I remember at least I CAN walk to the bathroom!" She's so funny. Then she said, "I look in the mirror and thing Wow! I'm looking old. Then I say what the heck, throw on my hat, and walk out the door."
Really amazing attitudes and mindsets of these 80 somethings. Your Tony is included! :)
Post a Comment