
Well, yesterday and today ARE "better". I've stayed out of bed, albeit sometimes teary-eyed-for-who-knows-why... (Gals understand this, eh... Hard to "explain" to husbands, though.)
Today, I decided to tackle the rest of Mount Everest!! My Sewing Studio closet, which is designated for sewing things, has been STUFFED for months with to-do ironing. There remained only two (2) dozen items, so..... I talked nicely to myself (it's OK to do that, eh!!??) and took on one (1) piece at a time. ACTUALLY, I LIKE ironing (don't throw rocks...). AND, now the closet is bare 'cept for a sewing mess ;(.
TOny told me this morning that I am capable; that I CAN (sew curtains and thread my serger for the 1st time, that is). 'Told him that it's MORE IMPORTANT for ME to tell myself these things, to remind myself that I have sewn many, very nice outfits in my teens and that I CAN NOW!! So, the "self-talk"... The above-mentioned projects aren't done, but I feel invigorated and proud of my ironing accomplishment.
Thanks for listening to the story of "HOW TO" c-l-i-m-b out of depression... ;)
RHOnda
5 comments:
Think a happy thought and sew something wonderful!
You are VERY nice & kind, Gwen!! I just pulled together all the pieces to make myself lined vest... Something that I have made for DH & thoroughly enjoyed doing...
Soft hug,
Rhonda
Good for you Rhonda. I think you've been very successful to behave your way to mental health. Even if you don't feel like it. I should learn from you, maybe my messes would be cleaned up too.
THANKS, Sherril!! "Behave your way to mental health"... THAT's a good phrase to remember!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda
I completely understand. Sometimes we just need to slowly work through these things on our own. You WILL get there :) .
Post a Comment