Monday, June 15, 2009

Who Loves Ruffles??!!


I, RHOnda, apparently always loved ruffles and girly looks ;)


I'm on a mini-roll here!! 'Bought this pattern 'cos I have two (2), new ready-to-wear (RTW) skirts of the same type that fit so nicely. (I'm down one size ;) ) A yoke & zipper is sooo much more flattering than an elastic waistband on me... Zippers aren't really hard to sew, either, eh.
I'm doing view B, as on model (minus pockets, 'cos as on her, the printed fabric "loses them"). First I'll make a muslin of the yoke. Have sway-back "issues" and want to try an alteration as per "Fit For Real People" (FFRP). (Did I say "try an alteration" ;) ??!!)
The fabric I stash-shopped is a light-weight cotton. Do I need a medium-weight cotton (more of a quilting cotton) to have the "right body"?? (THAT would be nice!! Tee! Hee!!)

These two (2) patterns from Kwik Sew (#2927 & #3479) just came in the mail. (They're quite similar, eh...) Sooooo, whatdoyathink?? RHOnda really does love ruffles, eh!!


RHOnda

4 comments:

gwensews said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. I know it isn't easy. You have some very nice patterns. Sew girl, sew!

Rhoto said...

You are SEW very nice, Gwen!! Where have you been all my life??!!
Soft hug,
Ruffles

Anne-Marie said...

Ruffles, humm do I like ruffles. It depends. I like them when they are subtle and added with moderation. In my book a ruffled blouse calls for simple pants or skirt. A ruffle skirt calls for a simple blouse or t-shirt. So ruffle up your new thin figures. Hugs, Anne

Rhoto said...

Thanks for your sweet comment and hug, Anne!!
Soft hug to you,
RHOnda