Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's Buy 1, Get 2 Free Time!!


I've been eyeing this fabric pattern for awhile. 'Stopped in at Fabricville. Well, the whole store (almost) is "Buy 1 metre, Get 2 free"... Soooo, I did ;). I'm the "proud owner" ?? of 3.13 metres of 100% polyester. $9.99. Thick. EASY to sew!! (I was surprised.) NOT slippery. Not "breathable" at all, either :(...
The only prints I wear well are animal-type. And my wardrobe capsule is Black/Brown/Red... So, I snared it. Now what?? (I KNOW!! I've talked of other projects "in the making". But, it's FUN to dream/plan about what to use this stuff for.)
I have a Butterick B4598 dress pattern that calls for 3.10 meters. There are two (2) reviews on PatternReview.com for it. Both gals used crepe. (I DO have blue crepe in my stash.) The suggested fabrics are: Crepe, Lightweight Gabardine and Linen.
Well?? What would YOU sewing gals use full-bodied, non-breathable 100% polyester for?? (Be kind, eh... I'm just a rookie ;) Maybe a charity donation?? :( )

RHOnda

1 comment:

Kat said...

Hmmm...I think I might look for an unstructured jacket with simply lines. Maybe a jacket style without a notched collar. I'd keep it more on the simple side with polyester because of maybe not being able to get a good press.