Sunday, August 2, 2009

"I Wanna Do It--Myself!!"

Yep, I wanna try waxing my furry legs!! Other gals do it... I can, too!!

Sooo, I let the fellas grow a bit and then bought "the stuff": wax, spatulas, 100% cotton roll. (Cost more than having a professional treatment ;) :( )

On with the directions... Everything's OK. 'Cept I heated the wax 2.45 minutes in the microwave, instead of 4.0. 'Was afraid of being burnt.

Well, as it turned out, the wax was melted, but too thick. I r-i-p-p-e-d a spot... GREAT!! Except, my hands were full of this wax stuff. Back to the instructions: "Does not come off with soap & water." "T-O-n-y!!!" He suggested nail polish remover. Worked quite well!! (I had visions of spending the rest of my life all "gummed up"!!)

Back to the store--for gloves, I guess. NEXT time, I'll warm the goop up more, too. 'Cos I really wanna do it--myself!! ;)

RHOnda

2 comments:

gwensews said...

Ouch!

Kat said...

This is so funny--love the cartoon as well. I have never attempted waxing my own legs or any part of my body so this is very interesting.