Friday, January 15, 2010

Sharin' & Carin' as Women Can


She sat across from me in the Metro today... A Haitian woman with her toddler grandson. She, nervously reading the news rag, as if looking for answers there. He, contented... Until he couldn't find her behind her paper. Then he became very agressive and angry, tearing and ripping at the paper to find his "grann" again. Obviously, the wee lad was picking up on the anxieties and emotions of his caregiver.
I asked her if her family was safe... Tears and a gulped, "I don't know". 'Told her that the whole world was praying and hoping along with her. And said "je t'embrasse" as I left the car...
THIS Haitian woman "put a face" on the suffering going on in Haiti for me. Maybe I, in turn, "put a face" on the outside world that cares...
I will not forget her...
RHOnda

2 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

It is horrible to see such suffering.

Kat said...

Truly so sad.