

This Review isn’t posted on PatternReview YET… My “Fabric Stash” entry is now a future “Unfinished Object – UFO” L.
Fabric Used: gingham seersucker
Had WANTED to make the elastic/drawstring/elastic "sandwich" to "learn something"... What a headache!! FINALLY decided I will add only 1" elastic and TWILL TAPE as a drawstring.
I DON’T understand the instructions on how to insert the pockets L L. I’ve looked thru my extensive sewing library for help; also watched U-Tube videos where the instructor used MUSLIN (everything looks the same, eh :L ).
I can't figure out what side (front right side or inside, etc., etc.) to attach the pockets to. I am NOT able to flip & flop and visualize :(.
If you--my sewing friends--can guide me through this silly 'lil elastic choice and inseam pocket operation, I will be very grateful. I wanna finish this project as a “winner” ;).
RHOnda
3 comments:
I've always chosen the elastic length by wrapping it around the recipient's waist to get the right tension and length. Then I just fit that to the waistband. If the difference is too big I tend towards a casing for the elastic rather than attaching it.
Rhonda, I pretty much do the same as Kelly. Wrap the elastic around the waist and subtract 3" and use a 1/2" SA/overlap on the elastic, so it's actually a -4".
Attaching the pockets should be fairly simple. Can you type out the pattern instructions? We can walk you through it.
Oh duh! I didn't click on the instruction pic til later. That is a weird pic for the instructions. Just lay the pocket pieces (there should be 4), on the fronts and backs separately. So for the left front leg, for example, pin one pocket piece to the leg right sides together (the pocket will be facing in toward the CF, NOT like the pattern illustration pic. After stitching the two together, you'll swing out the piece to the opposite side so it looks like the illustration pic. The press the SA's out to the pocket. There's a stitching line on the illustration, but I think that's supposed to to be the seam that was just stitched, or maybe they wanted the sewer to topstitch in that area? Do this for each leg piece, THEN place the fronts to the backs with the pocket pieces facing out AWAY from the CF.
I hope I'm explaining this the right way. You're asking the wrong person right now 'cuz I haven't had my follow-up with the neurologist yet :) .
Post a Comment