Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Can LOVE!!


TOny went to a new Optometrist for another opinion today...  He is now legally blind in his left eye.  This Doctor also re-confirmed that TOny has inoperable Macular Degeneration.  Now, after three (3) years'  deterioration, he still has some peripheral vision.  This MD will--if he lives long enough--leave him without sight.

I, RHOnda, asked him how he feels about that...  His response:
"Well, I can still hear--pretty good.
I  can smell, I can taste.
I can feel...
I can LOVE!!"

How do I feel about that??  Not so sad, not soo discouraged for my dear Hubby...

RHOnda

6 comments:

Peggy L said...

Great attitude:)

Unknown said...

Tony, you ROCK!
(So do you Rhonda!)

~katie~ said...

I think we all could learn a lesson from Tony ~ inspiring!!

I know I take so many things for granted, that I know I shouldn't...like my sight! (Hence my post today.)

Praying for both you and Tony...thanks for the sweet couple that you are!!

Blessings from the USA,
Katie

Ann Made Studio said...

Ah what a super attitude :)
Take Care.

Margaret said...

Well, if it must be, I hope the macular degeneration goes as slowly as it possibly can. I'm happy to know Tony is cheerful as always! Very inspiring :)

Claire S. said...

Just catching up your last few posts Rhonda. Sorry to hear about Tony's health problems, but such a great attitude will help.

Take care.