John was diagnosed with cancer about four (4) months' ago. We were in frequent touch with him during that time. We can assure you that he "fought the good fight". Last month, he made a quick trip to England, his native land. This trip turned out to be his farewell to friends and relatives.
Cancer is a friend to no one... John died last night.
I, TOny, knew John since 1955. We were friends since then... I, RHOnda, met John through Tony in 2001. He was a soft, warm, funny, witty, wonderful friend! We will truly miss him...
RHOTO
* John & TOny (L to R) on their shared Birthday, August 29, 2080. (John was one year younger.)
3 comments:
Sharing in your sadness Toon and Rhonda. Losing a friend is difficult.
Dear Tony and Rhonda,
Thank you for this. Ian and I had been in touch with John in the past few months and became aware that his condition was very serious. He was his gracious, witty self until the end and will be fondly remembered.
Ian and Suzanne
Tony and Rhonda,
Thank you for sending me the sad news about John.
Although I think I knew, based on our last conversation, what to expect, it is still a shock.
I was introduced to John in 1960 when he was managing a book store in Montreal. Later we were both connected with the Montreal Chest Hospital and later the Mtl. Extended Care Centre.
In recent years he was a regular lunch companion at Nick's on Greene Ave. He was a great story teller, either about his family, his work or some tidbit taken from one of the British newspapers. Knowledgable in so many areas, he was a delight to be with.
Gary
Post a Comment