Saturday, July 17, 2010

I've Tagged Myself!!

Sooo, Connie BJ of "Couturesmith " was tagged....  and then said, "There, that was fun!  Now it's your turn...  I tag any fellow blogger who was at the PR Weekends in either Philadelphia or Montreal to answer the same questions!
Well, as you'll soon see :/, I am a blogger who was at the Montreal PR Weekend...  (For now, that's a secret, OK!!)
Sooo, off we go...

1.  Which pattern/vintage style have you been thinking about lately? I really LIKE vintage styles ;).  Unfortunately, my "middle" doesn't fit their tiny circumferences well... :(  Did these women not EAT in "those days"??  I do ave an '80's pattern coming in the mail...


As my sweet friend Anne-Marie ("Mahler") would advise, "Pick EITHER the frilly top OR the frilly bottom".  I CAN'T, Anne Marie :0!!  I'm a frilly girl!!  I WILL "petite" the ruffles down to my proportions, though ;)  When I saw this pattern, I GASPED!!  "That's ME/MOI!!" Much more so than the classic/sporty looks I actually R-T-wear...

2.  What is the one place you want to visit that you've never been before?  Oh gosh!!  That's most of the World!!  But especially the quiet villages where one can encounter and share life experiences with the local women ;).


3.  How do you relax?  I withdraw from the maddening "loud" crowd--either to a quieter outside "environ" or to my Sewing Studio! ;)


4.  What is your favourite holiday/vacation?  RHOTO sometimes succeeds in having a "Sabbath Sunday"--a day set aside to BE and not DO.  To relax, snooze, read, visit friends.  A day to set the table with finery, candles and COOK :O.  A day to say, "If it's not done by now (the laundry/ironing!), it can wait for Monday!!"  Sooo, we have the potential to have a favourite holiday/vacation EVERY week!!

5.   What sewing skills do you want to learn/try out?  I've just started learning how to FIT a pattern with my DF "Margaret".  It's FUN!!  I want to learn how to make clothing that not only expresses "moi", but also fits "moi's" figure ;o.

6.  Can you knit?  Crochet?  Other crafting talents?  Well, I TRIED to knit at seven-years old...  (There's a story behind that one!)  Ended up with a triangular square :o!!  Don't have any other "crafting" types of talents... TOny find me quite "crafty" at times, though... ;)


7.  What garment/accessory do you wear most often?   My beautiful marriage rings...  AND gorgeous French lingerie--oh, la la!!  Highly recommended to enhance your... self-esteem!!  Oh, yes...  And Chanel No. 5--daily/nightly.  Not for "special occasions".  LIFE is a special occasion, non??


8.  How much time do you spend reading blogs (per day)?  I check in several times per day to see if one of my "Wonderful Blog Friends" has recently posted.  I DO keep my list of "WBF" down on purpose 'cos there are other websites that attract my attention:  PatternReview.com !!, Facebook, e-mail, the weather forecast...


9.  What is your Motto/Mantra?

I can't be contented with yesterday's glory
I can't live on promises, winter to spring.
Today is my moment; now is my story
I'll laugh and I'll cry and I'll sing.

- "Today", sung by John Denver  *


Sooo, there, that was fun!  Hopefully you enjoyed our cuppa tea together.  Now it's your turn...  I tag my Wonderful Blog Friends to answer the same questions and share about yourselves!!

RHOnda


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp0I5N0yeXE  *


PS  See Sue's TAG on "Sew, Stash, Sew" !!

3 comments:

Connie B said...

Beautiful! I love the vintage pattern for you, and the John Denver song too- I am singing that one at a wedding next week!

Rhoto said...

THANKS, Connie!! I'll "sing along" with ya at the wedding ;)
Soft hug,
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

"LIFE is a special occasion, non??"

You are so right! Thanks for the reminder, I tend to forget that sometimes.