Ten (10) years ago, I--TOny--had the unpleasant task of telling my (now late) wife about my newly discovered cancer diagnosis. She was, at that time, also in the beginnings of her fight with arteriosclerosis. So, I decided to tell her "the good news"--I had cancer but didn't need to have surgery. I'm not sure if she understood, but she took it in her stride.
Well, after 34 daily "zaps" of radiation--or, I could say treatments with seven (7) staff members Hospital, I was declared in good shape. I had the great fun of delivering seven (7) bouquets of flowers to say, "Thank you!!"
Since then, I've had semi-annual urology check-ups. And, this time my Doctor congratulated me. "Ten (10) years, cancer free!". He said he'll see my in 12 months now. (I hope he stays healthy!)
RHOTO celebrated... With ice cream !!
If your partner HAS regular prostrate check-ups, give him a H-U-G!! If your partner DOES NOT HAVE regular prostrate check-ups, perhaps you can tell him that ALL you want for Christmas is for him to take care of himself--and get a prostate exam.
My cancer was caught when it was a teeny, wee dot. And that's why RHOTO is still here to share about it.
TOny
P.S. Amongst all my emotions during the cancer ordeal, there was one of pride. During the radiation treatment (cobolt), I discovered that the machine being used bore the name of "Phillips", my employer in my native Netherlands.
Ottobre Zip Hoodie for Orange Shirt Day
-
Tomorrow is the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. The day honours
the children who never returned home and survivors of residential schools,
as ...
11 months ago

2 comments:
Congratulations! I hope you have a gazillion more healthy and wonderful years :)
Congratulations Tony ! What good news !
Post a Comment