Thursday, February 10, 2011

NOT the Guillotine!! :-O

My Dear TOny... Several times the doors have started to close before a few of us have departed the Metro car at our University station. And we have had a "free ride" to the next stop :/.
WELL, this time the door closed on TOny's shoulders/neck. His head was outside and the rest inside the door. LUCKILY, two strong men on the platform started--and succeeded--to pry the door...and more importantly, TOny!... open and out!!!
HE wasn't at all concerned or worried during this time. I, RHOnda, either ;) I simply wanted a solution!! (Am very happy to say that emergencies do not "shake me".)
Afterwards, I asked the toll attendant, "Would I have had the right to pull the emergency switch?" (There's a large fine if I had "guessed wrong" :(.) "Yes!!", he said. He assured me, also, that the train wouldn't/couldn't have started off to the next stop with TOny's head outside the car...
So, no guillotine... Phew!!

RHOnda

PS TONy asked me to note that the above photo ISN'T of him ;)

6 comments:

Peggy L said...

If I was Tony, I might have been just a bit worried:) I think I might have pulled the switch and asked questions later:)

Ann Made Studio said...

Thankfully all worked out well ;))

Claire S. said...

Thank goodness, it ended up ok - those STM drivers need to pay better attention ! I think I'd have pulled the switch first and asked questions later, too **hugs** to you both.

Rhoto said...

Thanks, Gals, for your nice comments! TOny only gets affected if MY neck is in a noose... ;)
RHOnda

~katie~ said...

Oh no....how awful!! So glad Tony is alright!!!

Just hopped over here to wish you both a sweethearts' Valentine's Day!! Was not expecting to hear a story like that.

Hoping TOon sings RHOnda lots of love tunes this coming week. ;-)

Love and blessings,
Katie

gwensews said...

OMG!!! Thankfully, he is allright. Shees, you aren't safe anywhere! Take care.