Thursday, June 30, 2011

RHOnda's "Get Well" Plan

THANK YOU for the wonderful, loving support comments. I have the bestest of Friends!!

...Well, I'm back from my wonderful Psychiatrist. Guessed wrong what she would prescribe. SEE, we can't do this alone, eh. AND, she can't "do it alone", either. Wants me to pretend I have a patient (ME!) and follow up on a "Get Well" plan. Seems it's a proven fact that meds will eventually "work" but adding certain daily health changes will accelerate feeling better again.

Sounds GREAT to me!! So... the attached:


So, what "helps" with Depression? To (work towards having) a "normal" way of life.

- Get up and go to bed at the same time--not to sleep 17 hours a day :O( .

- To shower and dress--every day, even if I don't have an outside appointment.

- To eat a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner (and not 3-5 bowls of comfort cereal a day).

- To sit outside in the sun twice a day/combine with a walk up and down our block. (It's a start, eh, Claire.)

-"One New Thing Per Day"--this one is interesting. Answer the phone with a different response, sleep on the other side of the bed (roll over, Tony ;), stop at the Bakery on the way home from the Doctor. This assignment will be fun!

Well, that's it. I feel soooo much more encouraged. Yes, back (a bit) to meds I'd left behind. But forward in that I can participate in my own "Get Well" Plan.

Now I'm crying again...

RHOnda

9 comments:

Claire S. said...

You can do this, Rhonda, you CAN !

That looks like a wonderful plan - getting out of bed and dressed is the hardest thing in the world. With a walk on the 'menu' you have a reason to get dressed and out.

Good luck - we miss you on the trail. I hope the sunshine and fresh air help you feel better. xx

Peggy L said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan - that you can do! A walk outside is always a help.

Connie said...

That looks like a great plan! I might even ride along on some of the suggestions! Sending lots of hugs your way!

~katie~ said...

Awesome! Cheering you on! You know where to find me. =)

Blessings,
Katie

Ann Made Studio said...

Getting up to greet the day with a loved one is a very cheerful way to start the day...and walking on a beautiful day sounds wonderful :)) You can do this ;)

KayY said...

Hey Rhonda - I hope you can stick with it. Your doctor sounds very sensible. I'm thinking of you.

Digs said...

Sunshine is great medicine! It'll definitely help you get well soon. My best wishes.

Margaret said...

Hi Rhonda, sorry you are feeling depressed. Looks like a great plan -- hope it begins to help and you get to see some pretty things, friendly people and good weather on your walks. Hugs, Margaret

Leah said...

Hi Rhonda, I came by to give you a hug because I just read a post you left me a few years ago. I'm going to take the advice to get sun twice per day. Thanks and feel better Xoxo