
Although I, RHOnda, have read this book many, many times at an earlier stage of my life, RHOTO re-discovered it recently.
We have a daily, official gathering of the RHOTO clan (including India, Tiger and Minky--3 of the 20-something adopted, stuffed animals which live in our home).
I do the reading because TOny and the other stuffed animals have poor eyesight. The clan assures me --over and over again--that I'm an accomplished "actress" and, therefore, a spell-binding reader!! Oh my!!
All of us have chosen our favourite "Little Woman" from amongst the four. There is one (1) character in the book who has received two (2) nominations--"Jo", short for Josephine. Let it be known, though, that all four (4) characters are adorable, each in their own way.
The story plot was based upon the author's own family life. Miss Alcott is undoubtedly reflected in the character of "Jo". In reading this book, we can taste, smell, hear and see the "quality of life" and "simplicity of living" in that era and in that place.
RHOTO will be the richer for having "Little Women" in our lives.
RHOTO
6 comments:
Gosh, I haven't read Little Woman in years. It was always one of my favourite books. I wonder where my copy is...
Oh and meant to say, Thank You for your input re my twist cardy. :)
Have you ever read "Eight Cousins" also by Alcott? I loved that one when I was a kid. Last year I read it to my girls' 4-6 grade library class--I found it to be a little precious, but I think the girls still liked it. Probably won't read that one aloud again, though!
Tiner W from Patternreview
Hello Tiner W!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Yes, I read "Eight Cousins", also "Rose in Bloom", its sequel... Actually, I've read several of LMA's books and her biography. She also wrote more "adult" books, eh...
Do visit us again!!
Warm greetings,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)
Hello Tiner W, again!!
What "silliness" to prattle on about LMA's other books, etc. to a librarian!! Sorry for my unthoughful lecture...
Warm greetings,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)
Oh, not at all! There are many gaps in my reading! Actually, I only recently remembered Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom and how much I'd enjoyed them. I'd read them at my aunt's house one summer when I was a pre-teen. (I often remember where I was when I read books and then the two mingle together in my memory.) I'd never even realized they were written by Alcott until I searched for them to put in our school library!
I've just picked up a short piece, The Baron's Gloves, which is one of her "missing" stories.
Tiner W
Post a Comment