Saturday, July 5, 2008

Yves Saint-Laurent and Elsa


Oh, what FUN a Museum Membership can be!! Or anything that we can share with others, eh!!Yesterday, our young Chinese friend, Elsa* and RHOnda enjoyed an afternoon at the YSL exhibit. "Aren't you tired of this Exhibit, RHOnda?", you ask. Mais non!! I'm ready to go again, and so is Elsa.
It was delightful to share the colours, lines and femininity of Yves Saint Laurent with this bright 20-years old. Oh, and we found a YSL cape with "ELSA" embroidered on it!! What a "coincidence?!" After a thorough perusal, we lunched & talked & shared & laughed and talked about getting together again!!
* We met Elsa in a workshop at Concordia University. Imagine hearing that this charming, young woman left her parents' home in China to come all the way to Montreal for a degree in French! Since Elsa has just returned from a visit home, she had lots of experiences and feelings to share about being back in China. Also about coming back to her "other home", here. Her two (2) environments are very different in culture, language, food, religion, etc., eh!
As for YSL, I, RHOnda, have written about this Exhibit several times before. But--believe me--each & every visit with a different personality has been an adventure in, and of, itself!
We, RHOTO, count it a great JOY to have international friends--both young & old--here in Montreal!!
RHOTO says, "La vie est belle!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahah, I am so luck that I saw the YSL's wonderful, moreover, I have my name on your wonderful blog! Lovely pictures, by the way, you two are so sweeeeeeeet.
Soft hug,
Elsa