Monday, November 10, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


OUTSIDE MY WINDOW I see the running, skipping beautiful golden-coloured maples—mimicking the small children across the street. I also see a huge pile of leaves on our yard—again!! It was all cleared off a few days ago…

I AM THINKING... that autumn is such a spicy, sensuous time of the year. A time for candles & soup & more bedcovers & snuggles…

I AM THANKFUL THAT... the stress I have experienced these past two (2) weeks is GONE!! (How powerful/silly calendar dates can be.)

FROM THE KITCHEN... RHOTO made a yummy salad (young greens, tuna with dill & lemon, mandarin oranges, cherry tomatoes, raisins & nuts and dressing), served with pita bread and mandarin orange green tea for lunch.
I AM WEARING... my beautiful jewelry with another wardrobe combination. (I'm going to blog about capsules another time...)

I AM CREATING... less of a mess than last week!! Some daily tidying up—before scooting out the door for the day--goes far in making RHOTO feel more “at home” and relaxed.

I AM GOING... to “be” today. I’m in a quiet, napping & puttering mood...

I AM READING... “Entre Nous: A Woman’s Guide to Finding Her Inner French Girl”. (See photo below.) This book is just for fun and relaxation. RHOTO finally got a card from our local library. So, in honour of same, I got a “French book”!! ‘Can’t believe how much more “French” this English/Irish gal has become since living in Quebec!

I’m also reading a new children’s book entitled, “Judaism”. RHOTO very much enjoys learning about different religions and cultures. It’s also helpful for pastoral/palliative care to the variety of Residents at Grace Dart.

Then there's a new “National Geographic” awaiting me on the coffee table. I especially enjoy reading about different countries and the anthropology-type articles.

We’re caught up on our Concordia readings for the moment.

I AM HOPING to start working on Christmas Elves scarves this week. (More on that project soon...) I need to contact my sweet elf helper, Elsa!!

I AM HEARING... The pure joy of silence (except for the tapping of my keys, TOny's singing and Skype ringing).

AROUND THE HOUSE... There remains only six (6) shirts to iron!! * Halleluiah!! The basket of mending?? Is it really necessary to fully complete before I “reward” myself with sewing privileges?? I sometimes “suffer” from Protestant Work ethic. I think I’ll TRY AGAIN to learn “how to” blind hem on my machine. And, then I’ll mend… hems!! (Those store-bought pants with nylon thread always seem to “come down”). * I did two loads of laundry... Guess who has a small basket-worth of ironing now??!! Normal, eh!! ;)

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS... Speaking of "Inner French Girl", the wonderful lingerie I have. I HIGHLY recommend “Passionata” and “Chantelle” brands WITH a very knowledgeable fitter to help you. French bras are $$, “oui”! But--the FIT, the Comfort!! Such a difference in my clothing and my self-esteem!! (I really SHOULD do a commercial…)

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK I’m going to participate at the Grace Dart Remembrance Day ceremony (“Veteran’s Day” in the USA) on Tuesday. Maybe my part will be to “make a joyful noise” with a few Protestant English/French songs added to the Mass. And to recite Canada’s most famous poem, “In Flander’s Field.”

Then there’s therapy, Choir Practice and Concordia—as usual.

HERE IS A “PICTURE THOUGHT” I AM SHARING…

Happy Monday, Everyone!!

RHOnda

Our Hostess for the above meme is “The Simple Woman’s Daybook”. Please visit her at the address below:

http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

No comments: