
This REALLY ISN'T FUNNY!! I really HAVE regained 10 of my 13 pounds weight loss. "They" changed my meds and those pounds F-L-E-W back onto me. Those pounds that took me five (5) months to lose!! By faithfully eating the Canadian Food Guidelines and walking... up to 10,000 steps per day!!!
I'm SICK about this!! Depressed. Sad. Discouraged. WHY should I start again? I WANT THAT "Feel good/look good/feel proud/feel pretty/feel sexy" feeling back!!
SO, the "experts" advise me that I need to lose 20 pounds (including the 10 I re-gained, eh). To do so, I must eat LESS than the Food Guide portions (like a rabbit? squirrel??) and start RUNNING (one mile at first). OK, run with very little fuel, in other words...
Do I sound MAD?? I AM!! WHY does a medication to make me better have to make me WORSE??
Thanks for listening... I really don't know where to find the umpth, courage to start again... But I WANT the above-mentioned feelings back!!
RHOnda
7 comments:
I feel your pain. Believe me, I do. I go to Weight Watchers week after week. Eat like a rabbit. Walk 3 miles every day , and get in 10,000+ steps. And when I weigh in--up 3/4 pound. Down 1/2 pound. Up 1/2 pound. Stay the same one week. Sigh.
I'm so sorry, Gwen!! We'll just "keep at it", eh...
Thank you for your warm & caring note!!
Soft hug,
RHOnda
Is there another medication that will work for you without the side effects?
I know what you mean by flying on..it certainly seems as if your fine one week and the next week nothing fits..Do they think running is better than uping your step count?
Hi Jan!!
"We're" trying to wean me off these meds--it takes a year, eh :(...
Running will--supposedly--UP my metabolism (now THERE'S a "four-letter word"!!)...
Thanks for your kind words,
Warm greetings from your walking teammate,
RHOnda
Rhonda, you don't re-start... You just keep going!!
Love,
Paul
Hi Rhonda
There's only one way to get it back. You have to remind yourself how you felt and you have to start up again. As far as eating try to eat more often
always include a small portion of lean protein and drink plenty of fluids (water). You will get it back I know, you have to believe as well.
If you have any questions fire away.
Let me know
Michael *
* RHOnda's Iron Man hair sylist and RHOTO's friend
Rhonda,
Don't give up! Wondering as Jan asked, is there a different med you could try?
Would you think about working with a personal trainer for a few sessions to get you on a strength training program you could do at home with free weights? Running will burn calories, but muscle building can really rev the metabolism. Problem is, the scale may go up instead of down with weights. That is why I almost never weight myself and don't own a scale. I go by the "try on my size X jeans and if they fit I'm doing good. If not, work out more.
One of my close friends is this tiny size 2, 5'7" tall, and weighs 115. Very lean. I'm a size 4, same height, but she cannot believe I'm 17 lbs. more than she is. She's 45, and I'm 43. She's a runner, but doesn't lift. In fact, when we have our sunglasses on, even our kids gets confused with who is their mom from time to time because we have a strong overall resemblance and body size. The weight is in the muscle mass.
Post a Comment