Sunday, October 11, 2009

Up & Running Sewing Studio!!


Well, both "Ziggy" & "Serge" are fixed!! (Although it was found that Ziggy's feed dog mechanism was not manufactured/made properly... So, it'll stay "UP" for good!) Muchas gracias, Luis Fernando!!

Sew, today I played with the tension and differential do-dad to get Serge ready for flannel scarves. I also set Ziggy up with a satin foot, ball point needle & appropriate settings. Both machines just humm along with my fabric!! Yippy!! Yahoo!! (Don't anyone tell HA-HA that HE's gonna be set up next, eh!! He's STILL givin' me dirty looks ;) ).

I also cut out lots of pockets. Will fringe some fabric tomorrow. 'Looking forward to playing again/putting the scarves together with "Margaret" (PatternReview)!!

TOny and I also stuffed two (2) of our famous neck pillows today. Always a fun thing to do together... Have you received your RHOTO pillow yet?? ;)
RHOnda

2 comments:

Kat said...

Rhonda,

Sometimes I think that getting my machines ready takes up at least a quarter of my sewing time. Like when a nice, serged 5-minute rolled hem takes over an hour with the change of threads and sample stitching.

Rhoto said...

Hi Kat!!
That's all PART of the process, eh... Best seen that way than as an annoyance/hindrance of "doing the REAL thing--sewing" ;)
Thanks for your visit!!
Soft H1N1 elbow hug,
RHOnda