
Today, I (RHOnda) wandered into my Sewing Studio 'cos I wanted to try some new techniques...
First, I read the instructions for SEWING BUTTONS with my Ziggy sewing machine. THIS sounded really interesting 'cos my hand-sewn buttons ALWAYS unravel. OK... "Lower the feed dogs". I'd never done that before. Where was the lever? Found it!! A slide. DOWN went the feed dogs. Then you only need to do a measured zigzag. E-A-S-Y!! Looked great!!
What next?? I slid the feed dog lever back. WELL, it SLID, but I didn't see any difference in its appearance... The little lines looked "down & under" to me... :(
Oh well, on to BLIND HEMming... I stopped and watched three (3) You-Tube clips to get a clear idea of "how to". YAAAHH!! for You-Tube, eh!! Then I was ready. I attached my blind hem foot; it has a sliding screw. How do I know where to adjust the screw?? Well, I played & played and practiced & practiced. 'Twas quite pleased... At least I got the CONCEPT down, even if I'm not really ready to sacrifice my new pants to the procedure yet. ;) Still, I was wondering WHY/HOW I was able to sew with the feed dog "looking" down...
What else could I do?? 'Gave a glance at Serge, my serger. "It's been a while, eh, Serge..." I'll first PRACTICE a 3-thread finish then try TYING OFF off new colours, OK!! Well, I practiced a WEE bit and then I bumped the fleece pieces around (or something %^*&). AND then three (3) threads were coming out of the machine but no serged tail :(. No more Serge-ing, eh...
Next I looked over at HA-HA, my old, trusty metal sewing machine. Maybe I could try BUTTONHOLES on him. (It's been 43 years since the last ones!!) Well, HE just looked back at me at shouted, "NO WAY, Lady!! You've got Two Strikes already, and it's not my turn at Bat!!"
LUCKY for me, our good friend and handyman Luis Fernando is coming to visit us tomorrow!! 'Know what, though?? I had a fun, great time playing in my Sewing Studio today!! In SPITE of two strikes in a row!!
RHOnda
Thanks, Kat, for planting the fun idea of a baseball story in my mind!!
No comments:
Post a Comment