Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's Time for Lent...


I'm glad the "Plain Catholics" on our sidebar reminded us of the coming of Lent... We didn't hear anything at Mass Sunday.

It's a Church calendar time that is not part of both of our faiths. But Lent has its place as a discipline and as a drawing towards God.

This year we're going to have pancakes for supper!! The 1st time I've remembered in yearsss!

Then we're going to "add" and "give up" things during the Lenten Season (40 days):

TOny: Will ADD 20 minutes every other day on the threadmill (that's what he calls it ;) and GIVE UP little pies and ice cream for supper dessert. (He's NOT promising to give up 6-8 cookies for Tea Time!)

RHOnda: Will ADD walking 10,000 steps every day and GIVE UP all sweets (including muffins :( ) (She's NOT promising to give up a square of 70% dark chocolate at bedtime!)

Well, that's "it"... 'Care to join us? Do you have special Lenten traditions at your house?

RHOTO


3 comments:

Sherril said...

I call mine the dreadmill. You should have given the tracker a personal identification number when you first set it up. Maybe you don't remember what PIN you gave it? That's what you need to give it to change the number. And congrats for needing to change the number! I think mine will finally change for the first time in several weeks when I weigh in again on Monday.

Sherril said...

Oh, I just re-read your note. Sounds like you're going the wrong way. Oh no!

Kat said...

No, no! The thought of giving up dark chocolate is unbearable ;) .

That Lenten discipline is sure to give you a great fitting Easter outfit too. Nothin like Lent to jumpstart a healthy lifestyle.