"hem our pants, hem our pants!!"Well, I bought 'em... :( A pair of "fat pants" 'cos I thickened two (2) inches in my waist during my past depression. Comfort food and sleeping. THAT's enough to be "depressed about", eh ;) Spent $17. AND, I plan to wear 'em for a very short period of time ;)...
BUT, as we all know, the higher the SIZE #, the longer the pants legs. WHY do "they" think our legs suddenly grow?? THAT's a "funny one"!!
Sew, I marked off 3" and headed for my new friend, Serge. I didn't bother to neatly cut off the excess--just started chopping off as I serged. Guess what!! It "ain't" even :/ Which made it a bit "iffy" to sew a hem on my HA-HA sewing machine. (Did ya think I was gonna hand-sew "fat pants" !!) OK, done... Guess what AGAIN!! I sewed the hem/turned the hem towards the front of the pants :0. Now THAT was a first!! Ripped everything out & "did it right" ;)
But, do you know what?? I LOVE TO SEW!! Even when I make messes and goofy mistakes!!
Look out for me, eh... I'll be a-walkin' fast past your house in my "getting-baggy fat pants" ;)
RHOnda
4 comments:
Just send me your excess pant hem fabric Rhonda. I have never had to re-hem a pair of pants- even for our girls. Our problem is finding them long enough. I giggled at your mistake! Good luck with shrinking out of the pants, my friend!
THANKS, Connie!! 3" off of Petite pants, eh!!
Soft hug,
RHOnda
I'm sure TOny loves his baggy-bum pants! After all, one wants to be comfy when they fly their plane! My husband has the flight simulator too. But, he has no airplane pants!
Rhonda,
I have noticed this problem in the reverse. Why do manufacturers seem to think that the smaller the size, the shorter the leg? I have to shop in specialty stores like New York & Company that run small sizes for long-legged people. Most department stores don't carry my size. You are not alone.
Post a Comment