
This skirt was "supposed to be" part of PatternReview.com's Unfinished Objects (UFO) Contest ;)...
Pattern Description: Misses tiered skirts with length variations (18-36")
Pattern Sizing:4-10 and 12-20
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?yes
Were the instructions easy to follow?yes, and I followed them EXCEPT made four, (4) tiers. There's a LOT of gathering to do, eh... Have patience when smoothing out each tier to fit onto the next ;)
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Plus: very feminine look ;).
Minus: pattern listed TOO MANY types of fabrics to work with (from gauzy cotton to corduroy and satin back crepe). "Should" be something that drapes softly.
Skirt is "messy" inside when finished. I serged all panels.
Fabric Used:Soft quilting cotton; eyelet trim for the "little girl inside me"
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:I WANTED to duplicate a RTW skirt I love!! It shows rolled hems "upward" and serged seams inside. I tried rolled hems--OK, but really needed wooly nylon to look "finished". Sew, I "chickened out" and sewed the pattern "as is".
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?SURE!! Wanna duplicate that RTW skirt, eh!! ;)
Conclusion: Silly summer skirt. Not the most flattering in quilting cotton 'cos it "sticks out". But, comfortable ;) Photo is with top in to "show skirt"--will wear a top covering tummy & elastic ;) My "model" stance is not "showing off" the fullness/roundness of the skirt, either !!
7 comments:
I think your skirt looks very pretty and feminine. I like this style of skirt, and have one in mind to make.
Vogue 2901 :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/annsfashionstudio/?saved=1
Have a great week end.
THAT one's pretty, Ann!! I couldn't "carry" the bottom tier, though... 5' maybe 1", eh ;)
Hug,
RHOnda
Very pretty and summery! A friend of mine who makes these uses her overlocker/serger to do the gathering and swears it's much easier although I've yet to try it myself.
Hi Keely!!
I would "guess" you'd need a special gathering foot for the serger?? ;)
Hug,
RHOnda
It's adorable and I like the top tucked in. I didn't know we're the same height. Everyone always look so much taller in pictures.
Oh Sherril!! 'Suppose we look 5'2"?? Tee! Hee!!
Hug, Rhonda
Oh Rhonda ~ it's lovely!! I love everything about it...very feminine and I love the color...I tend to wear lots of shades of brown. Very cute...and darling shoes, I might add! :-)
Post a Comment