Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What One Thing Can I Do Today That Will Make a Difference?

That's what I, RHOnda, asked myself today... What's the most important thing I can do for TOny? for myself??
For TONY? Cook supper. He cried... (I thought he would.) It's a normal activity but something I haven't been able to do for a long, long time. I'm usually asleep. A yummy, home cooked meal.
For RHOnda? I worked out on my treadmill. Gave me energy. A sense of accomplishment and achievement.
Good questions. What will their answers be tomorrow?


I add pineapple to the recipe. This is easy to double/triple. Goes into the freezer well. IF not eaten when cooked, remember that rice absorbs LOTS of liquid. You'll need to add tomato juice or V8 juice. A homey meal ;)

First thing in the morning,
she dresses for work, rolls up her sleeves,
eager to get started. – from Proverbs 31 (The Message)



RHOnda

4 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

It sounds like you had a rewarding day! Hope you have many more :))))

Rhoto said...

Thank you, Ann!! That's very kind of you to say.
RHOnda

~katie~ said...

Love this, Rhonda!!! What encouragement ~ and such an important question each new morning. Thank you for sharing!

Love that you were able to cook supper and Tony was so tickled about it! =) Oh, how I'd love to have you two over for dinner sometime! So, I have to ask...do you have an oven now?? What did you make? (Seeking new fresh dinner ideas...)

Great job on the treadmill too! My son and I just two days ago started a new exercise regimen. We'll see how long it lasts!

Wishing you well and cheering you on,
Katie

~katie~ said...

Ah, what a gal! Thanks for adding the recipe, Rhonda! And, I have to tell you..that looks delicious ~ I love rice/ground beef/peppers/chili type meals...I might even add some kidney beans. Thanks for sharing...yummy indeed. =)