Monday, February 1, 2010

Three Serger Projects!!!


'Did three (3) projects using "Serge", my serger!!
The 1st one is at left--a simple wrap-your-wet-hair thingy.
Then I made a cute envelope cover for my large cutting mat (to replace the ripped up plastic one). I used fabric that has sewing motifs... I'm sure my under-the-bed space will enjoy that ;)
THEN, I hemmed some RTW pj bottoms. 'Cut five (5) inches off, serged the edges & sewed two seams... Looks like a coverstitch job ;)
Three (3) easy projects... But I changed settings and everything!!
I'm pleased for now...
RHOnda

10 comments:

~katie~ said...

Sure wish I could get some lessons from you!! Great job!

Rhoto said...

Hi Katie!! Come & teach me the BASICS of cooking and I'll show "all I know" about sewing ;), OK??!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in faraway Montreal

Ann Made Studio said...

Sounds like you had a great day :)

~katie~ said...

Oh Rhonda, you are very sweet...but I'm afraid I need lessons in sewing AND cooking... ha ha! :-)

Good to *hear* from you though! I think of you often!

Have a great week!
Katie

Margaret said...

That's great! The cutting mat cover sounds like an excellent idea!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhonda, I've "met" you on patternreview, saw your blog link and came to visit. I just want you to know that I think you are a lovely, kind, caring person and I've just said a prayer for you. :)
Vicki

Rhoto said...

Hello Vicki!!
What a nice comment!! What is your "Name" on PatternReview?? ;)
Warm greetings,
RHOnda

Vicki said...

Rhonda, my name over on PR is mommy@last :)
btw, love your little house bonnet! I've been thinking of making one for my 3 year old because her hair is long and fine and nats all up in bed! ;)
Blessings,
Vicki

Rhoto said...

Hi Vicki!!
It was your birthday this week, eh!! Happy Birthday to You!!
Soft hug,
RHOnda

Kat said...

That is so cute, Rhonda! Have you done a review on it yet? I still can't wrap a towel around my head because of my car accident. The weight of the towel really bothers me. These head wraps look a lot lighter.